The commune, with almost 8,000 inhabitants, consists of 11 rural administration units and 10 villages, including one housing estate council. The first traces of the existence of settlements located in the commune – ruins of “The Star Castle” together with embankments and a double moat – date back to the 12th century. The commune was located on the “Via Regia” – “Royal Route”, leading from Spain to Russia, where in the 13th century today’s Tomaszów Bolesławiecki was built. The beginnings of the village of Wartowice, famous for sandstone from which many buildings in Europe were built, date back to 1346. The establishment of this settlement was connected with the quarries located in that area, where the Devil’s Trough can now be seen.
Warta Bolesławiecka Commune admin 2018-03-05T18:01:48+00:00