Town Hall 2018-03-15T16:35:48+00:00

Town Hall

The oldest preserved part of the town hall – the north wing with the tower – was built in the fifteenth century. In the years 1525-1535 the south wing was built with the stately hall designed by W. Rosskopf (currently the Wedding Palace), roofed with a vaulted ceiling. In the years 1776-1781 the town hall was reconstructed in the Baroque style, and at the end of the nineteenth century the stalls and outbuildings were removed, and the Renaissance portals were built in the southern and eastern façades. In 1913, the eastern façade was decorated with a bas-relief scene illustrating an event from the Napoleonic period – the capture of Bruno, The French General by Rosalie von Bonin in 1807.