Mary’s Basilica in Bolesławiec
The temple dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Niclaus is the oldest church in the center of Bolesławiec built of stone. The church was rebuilt in the 17th century in the Baroque style to a project by G. Simonetti. In the presbytery there is a high altar by J.L. Weber, finished in 1725, in the main nave there is a painting entitled “Crucifixion” by J.W. Neunhertz from 1736 and a pulpit from 1722, made with the participation of painter Knechtl from Legnica.